Massage Therapist & Health Educator
In private practice in Marin since 1990
Education, awareness and empowerment are my context when working with clients. Among the busiest and most often requested (returns and referrals) practitioners while at Massage Envy, San Rafael, CA
Developed syllabus for and co-led Deep Tissue Massage classes in the early days of World School, San Francisco, CA
Managed all aspects of production for Hellerwork Professional Training
Established and managed the grocery department and nutrition education program for a natural food co-op with the assistance of volunteers
Open seven days a week, we offer a selection of delicious baked goods, coffee, fresh breakfast and lunch options. Be sure to grab a cup.
Hellerwork Practitioner and Massage Therapist, Mill Valley, CA 26+ years
- In private practice since 1990 with upwards of 20 session hours/week.
- Massage therapist at two Marin massage clinics totaling over 12 years full time employ working with clients often in excess of 30 session hours/week.
- Massage therapist at three Marin area chiropractic clinics totaling over 5 years part time employ. Worked with clients performing focused work for specific injury rehabilitation.
- Past member of ATMA Group, a “CAM” – Complementary & Alternative Medicine group in San Rafael & Point Richmond, CA
- Conducted periodic single evenings classes in “Neck & Shoulder Release” and “Oh, My Aching Back – Body Mechanics for Bodyworkers” in Mill Valley, CA.
Training Manager, Body of Knowledge, Inc., Mill Valley, CA 3+ years
- Acted as liaison between Hellerwork administration and students, instructors, facility, vendors, and the California Dept. of Ed/CPP&VE
- Recruited volunteers for logistical support of all residential trainings
- Enrolled clientele “models” for the residential trainings
- Produced all non curriculum aspects of the residential trainings
Community Event Production
- Captained and participated in massage services for Dipsea Race participants 3 years
- Organized a Chili Cook-off booth for MTC that included massage and samples of our own vegetarian chili
- Captained and participated in massage services for a 650 volunteer, 2 day “barn-raising” at Vallejo’s Boys & Girls Club youth center
World School of Massage and Holistic Healing Arts San Francisco, CA
- Professional Holistic Healing and Massage Therapies: (Swedish & more) 100 hour Certificate
- Professional Holistic Course in Vibrational Healing Massage 37 hour Certificate
- Craniopathy and Cranial-Sacral Balancing 26 hour Certificate
Body of Knowledge, Inc. Mill Valley, CA
Hellerwork Structural Integration Practitioner Training 1 year / 1200 hour Certificate
Continuing Education Courses (either completed or in progress)
Orthopedic Massage, Traditional Thai Massage, Basic & Advanced Pregnancy Massage, Hot Stone, Dancing Wave Massage, Repetitive Strain Injury Treatment, Reiki, Hellerwork Continuing Ed. Workshops, MindBody Connection, business development courses, etc.
Other Adult Education Courses/programs
Dale Carnegie’s “Win Friends…” course, Team Leader Training, other courses in Communications, Leadership, Sales, Relationships, Sexuality, Enrollment, etc.
Associate of Arts Degree, American River College, Sacramento, CA
Major: Social Sciences/Communications (Interpersonal to Group to Mass Media)
Golden Gate Center for Spiritual Living, Corte Madera, CA
Past Chair of the Operations Core, Facilitator of ManSpirit, major roles in event production for Dr. Deepak Chopra & Dr. Michael Beckwith at Marin Civic Center and others
Various Service, Education & Support Organizations, Northern California
Toastmasters Int’l, International Community Service Day Foundation, ManSpirit
Designation of CMT with the CAMTC. Certificate #20948
Liability Insurance through ABMP to October 2013.